23 October 2013

Up To Speed


It's crickets. Crickets around here. October is plowing its way through, leaves ablaze and falling. Though, the moments that make my days have been slow and full. My Nonnie passed away a couple weeks ago (my Papa 9 years prior). I haven't really found the right words to express how I'm feeling about her being gone, the years leading to it, or what seems to be the end of an era. My grandparents cultivated such a beautiful childhood for us, rooted in love and tradition and your classic large, wild, thicker-than-thieves Catholic family. Until I can articulate all of this the way she deserves, I'll leave it for now...


The day of her funeral mass also happened to be the day Phil's mom got married. I missed his mama's Saturday ceremony to come home, but I feel good about the effort I made to be with his family in the days before.
... Also, zip lining. I felt good about zip lining. Dubuque has a pretty fantastic course, for Iowa. We hiked a trail between nine lines on YMCA ground. Philly's ma had our GoPro on her helmet for these clips. She's a hoot.



Phillydude won the race. I was too busy stretching for superhero flight poses.

5 comments:

rooth said...

I'm so sorry for your loss and am thinking of you and your family - big hug from Texas

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

I am so sorry for you life- it sounds like your grandmother had such a huge impact on your life and had a lot of beautiful memories together.

Emily said...

Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. So sorry for your loss. :( Your grandma sounds like a beautiful woman.
And, I'm excited to hear Dubuque has a zipline! How fun!!

Tina Byland said...

Your family is in my prayers. My grandpa passed away in July and it's hard to find words. It's quite, isn't it, when someone dies? I still find myself crying in the car when I'm driving to and from work. I don't even know why. But it's all a process, right? What would this world be without grandparents?

his little lady said...

Aw, those zip0lining videos are just too much fun!
And I'm so sorry to hear about your Nonnie, and pray that you always keep every sweet memory in your mind.
xo TJ

http://www.hislittlelady.com